[nycbug-talk] Which B

G T unixenigma
Fri Nov 19 08:42:00 EST 2004

Indeed. OpenBSD is the way to go. Less extra, more juice. Choose OS that will get more from the hard and layered it with security. OBSD do well specially wit sparc and i386

> an opinion on which BSD has better support for the UltraSparc
> chip/Sun hardware? As of now I'm leaning towards FreeBSD 5.x, but
> I'm sure we all have our own opinions on why I would/wouldn't want o
> do that.

Hey Pete,

I have had great success with OpenBSD on my Sun Hardware. I have a few
of these in production:

mainbus0 (root): Netra t1 (UltraSPARC-IIi 440MHz)
cpu0 at mainbus0: SUNW,UltraSPARC-IIi @ 440.008 MHz, version 0 FPU

Michael
%Be sure to check out our Jobs and NYCBUG-announce lists
%We meet the first Wednesday of the month

 Meet the all-new My Yahoo! ? Try it today!