[nycbug-talk] BSDCan 2005

Dan Langille dan
Sat Nov 20 15:56:07 EST 2004

On 20 Nov 2004 at 14:47, G. Rosamond wrote:

> On Nov 20, 2004, at 2:27 PM, Dan Langille wrote:

> >> Where is your stat page?  I know I mention you and BSDCan
> >> parenthetically on a regular basis in DN EZine. . . the last time with
> >> the Kirk/Eric meeting . . . my articles are always full of urls. . .
> >
> > Yeah baby...  ;)
> >
> > I'm offline as I type this, so I can't check the URL for the BSDCan
> > stats.  I'll check later.
>
> Would look forward to seeing your referrers. ..

Ever since the porn spammers started, I don't publish them.  That
said, I just checked, and I was running a common log instead of a
combined log, so I have no referrer information anyway.

> > Yeah, if nobody turns up, it's dead.  Mind up, that applied last year
> > too.  ;)
>
> You're. . .such a canadian sometimes . . <g>

Apparently, I handle conference organization much better from a
personal stress level point of view than another local organizor.
I've heard from more than one source that he's a bundle of nerves in
the days leading up to his conference.

> The first time an annual event happens that takes a bit of time and
> efforts for attendees, when it has no history or track record is
> difficult.  BSCan has overcome that hurdle.

Yep.  I have much less concern about BSDCan 2005 than 2004.

> > That sounds good.  Keep spreading the word.  :)  I've been to NYC
> > three times in the past year.  It's time you folks came here again!
> >

> Coming to the holiday party Danny?

Nope.  Liz thought it odd enough that I spent 16 hours in the car for
a 3 hour talk...
--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/
BSDCan - The Technical BSD Conference - http://www.bsdcan.org/