[nycbug-talk] BSDCan 2005

Dan Langille dan
Sat Nov 20 16:06:36 EST 2004

On 20 Nov 2004 at 14:19, Tillman Hodgson wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 20, 2004 at 02:27:53PM -0500, Dan Langille wrote:
> > On 20 Nov 2004 at 12:41, Tillman Hodgson wrote:
> > >
> > > Any chance BSDCan could bounce over to Calgary occassionally? :-)
> >
> > Very little.  It takes quite a bit of time to organize a conference.
> > Some of that must be spent on-site several times over a long period.
> > Other commitments keep me in Ottawa.
>
> I can understand that. I'm one of the organizers behind ROSE[1], heading
> towards our third Expo in Nov 2005. It takes a large team about a year
> to make something like that work. My hats off to you ;-)

I've been involved with OSW[1] for a few years.  I think that helped.

> How feasible would it be to do a BSDCanWest "track" or "BoF"[2] at
> another event (like ROSE)? Is BSDCan the sort of event where a minimal
> portion of it could be considered "portable"?

I've never thought about that side of it.  I'll keep that in mind
over the next 6 months and see what develops.

[1] - http://www.osw.ca/
--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/
BSDCan - The Technical BSD Conference - http://www.bsdcan.org/