[nycbug-talk] a usb watch

G T unixenigma
Mon Nov 29 09:43:51 EST 2004

In Mexico - the have a unique metal-detecting machine that check your luggage - human hands :) - Usually huge ugly soldier like woman going through your personal stuff. First time I saw - shocked me. Funny thing, a friend of mine was able to take a whole tripod aboard with no problem. She did not reach to the bottom - probably was lazy. Trust me that tripod could be a rocket launcher - that thing was huge :).

Bob Ippolito <bob at redivi.com> wrote:
On Nov 28, 2004, at 9:55 PM, Sunny Dubey wrote:

> On Sunday 28 November 2004 20:31, G. Rosamond wrote:
>> Too bad you can't take it on a plane.
>>
>> http://www.swissknifeshop.com/Merchant2/usb.html
>
> Actually, that site doesn't mention it, but you can detach the USB
> part.
>
> I dunno if you can put the knife in your check-in baggage. To be on
> the safe
> side, I'd assume no for the obvious reasons.

You can check a bag full of knives, razor blades, and screwdrivers with
no problem.. You just can't bring any with you through security.

-bob

%Be sure to check out our Jobs and NYCBUG-announce lists
%We meet the first Wednesday of the month