[nycbug-talk] OT: reverse DNS

Mikel King mikel.king
Fri Oct 1 06:33:54 EDT 2004

Asked them to swipe the block to your name servers, which technically
they are supposed to do, but most isp just don't bother unless the
client explicitly requests is. This is similar to updating your NIC
record when transfering from one set of primary nameservers to another.
If they have their own block of ips assigned to them by arin then they
are required to do this anyway, but since arin lacks the resources to
check everyone it usually slides.

oh and sorry bout the top post but cell phones only pull a little bit of
the message at a time, and cell phone b/w = $.

--
Cheers,
Mikel King
Optimized Computer Solutions, INC
39 West Fourteenth Street
Second Floor
New York, NY 10011
http://www.ocsny.com
t: 212.727.2100x132
You may like them. You will see. You may
like them in a tree.
http://www.FreeBSD.org
http://www.OpenOffice.org
http://www.Mozilla.org
How do you spell cooperation? Pessimists use
each other, but optimists help each other.
Collaboration feeds your spirit, while
competition only stokes your ego. You'll
find the best way to get along.