[nycbug-talk] Eric Allman/Kirk McKusick meeting this Saturday

Okan Demirmen okan
Tue Oct 12 17:59:00 EDT 2004

On Tue 2004.10.12 at 17:18 -0400, Charles Sprickman wrote:
> This looks like it's going to be a great meeting...
>
> I have a quick question for anyone more familiar with the Upper West Side
> than I am.  If I come in for this, I have to drive since trains don't run
> on the weekend from here (Montclair, NJ).  Is parking a serious pain up
> around Columbia?  Any garages that are reasonably priced?

Reasonable priced? heh. Well, you have one at 97th, btw Broadway
and West End. Then you have a few at 116th(and 120th) and Seminary
(one West of Broadway). I have no idea what the prices are though,
I don't have a car ;) Yes, parking can be a pain in the area(from
recent memory with a borrowed pick-up truck for moving), but since
the meeting is on a weekend, it may be much better. Parking on
Riverside Drive is usually a good bet too. Since it is the weekend,
Broadway, Amsterdam and 120th Street have non-metered parking on
the weekend, for the most part.

Good Luck,
Okan

--