[nycbug-talk] did you guys know this?

Charles Sprickman spork
Tue Oct 19 22:52:49 EDT 2004

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004, Dru wrote:

> http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq3.html#ISO
>
> I never would have believed it if I hadn't had to research what I thought was
> a mistaken belief...

I've only tinkered with OpenBSD on and off, but I've always followed this
advice from that page:

"We suggest that people who want to download OpenBSD for free use the FTP
install option. For those that need a bootable CD for their system,
bootdisk ISO images (named cd35.iso) are available for a number of
platforms which will then permit the rest of the system to be installed
via FTP. These ISO images are only a few megabytes in size, and contain
just the installation tools, not the actual file sets."

In general, I'm fond of ftp installs anyhow.  It is nice that there's a
"mini" multi-platform ISO to kickstart the process on floppy-less boxes.

Charles