[nycbug-talk] laptops and projectors

pete at nomadlogic.org pete
Wed Oct 20 18:35:43 EDT 2004

> Anyone know the answer to this one? The projector at GTEC (plugs into
> video port of laptop) wouldn't display my laptop screen. The guy said that
> Debian laptops have the same problem. We had to put my slides on his
> RedHat laptop instead.
>
> It's obviously not hardware as we both had Thinkpads. Anyone know if
> there's some sort of kernel option I need to compile into my kernel? Or is
> there some sort of driver needed that BSD doesn't support?

assuming you both have the same model, or atleast video chipset, you may
want to try copying the working XFree86-4 config file to the target
machine.  I'm willing to bet it's something with the X config and not the
video card, or I/O port, itself.  Altho I could be completely wrong, which
despite my last name, is often the case ;)

-pete (sometimes) wright