[nycbug-talk] change sendmail port from 25 to something else

Pete Wright pete
Sat Oct 30 23:08:44 EDT 2004

Az wrote:

> Hi All
> i wanted to run sendmail on some other port than 25 since
> optimumonline blocks it , and i dont want to use their relay to send
> my emails.
> how do i change the  sendmail port ?
> where do i have to look for it ?

one thing to do that may be a little less complex would be to setup a
firewall rule to move requests originating from port 25 on the LAN to
another port on the external interface.  if you don't have a firewall
you can config to do this (like pf) then i'd imagine the sendmail man
page would be the best place to start.

-p