[nycbug-talk] Colocation facility in/around NYC

alex at pilosoft.com alex
Tue Sep 7 17:16:50 EDT 2004

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004, Bob Ippolito wrote:

> This is semi-offtopic, but a client of mine needs to colo four Windows
> development servers.  Does anyone have any recommendations for a cost
> effective place to do this that has a good track record?
I own/run a hosting/colo/dsl provider. We have our own 7500 sqft
datacenter at 55 Broad St, with redundant genset/HVAC/UPS backup, our own
dark fiber connectivity to two major carrier hotels (25 Broadway and 60
Hudson), and gigabit links to XO, Cogent, Nlayer and MFN.

For windows users, we strongly suggest "KVM-Over-IP" (essentially, you
have access to keyboard/monitor whether or not network is up). Altogether,
colocation for 4 machines (up to mini-tower size) including KVM/IP service
is 200$/month.

--
Alex Pilosov    | DSL, Colocation, Hosting Services
President       | alex at pilosoft.com    (800) 710-7031