[nycbug-talk] RAID controllers - what doesn't suck?

Charles Sprickman spork
Mon Sep 13 18:27:43 EDT 2004

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004, O_Sleep wrote:

> Charles,
>
> I have been using dell pe 1650's with freebsd.  They have rebranded adaptec
> SCSI RAID cards.  Haven't had a large enough number of drive failures to
> raise concern.  Are you using the aacli utility?

Hi Bjorn,

What brand of drives are you running?

For minimal management tasks without going into "SMOR", I use the raidutil
client, which is supplied by Adaptec.   It's one application that I wish
had the MS-like "Are you sure (y/n)?" prompt when you do something stupid
like typo "rebuild" when you mean "build". :)

Thanks,

Charles