[nycbug-talk] Merchant Accounts

Kevin Reiter tux
Tue Sep 14 23:08:16 EDT 2004

: Don't go with intermediaries to get your merchant account. Get a merchant
: account at a real bank, and contract with intermediary to *process* your
: transactions only. Alternatively, download redhat CCVS and submit your
: transactions over the dialup modem directly to your bank.

That was the first place I looked, and it's the last place I'll go, since
the don't handle merchant accounts themselves, rather they outsource it to
an outside company who's fees are rediculous.  I already have a merchant ID
# with Visa/MC, Amex, and Discover.  I'm actually looking for a processing
company - sorry I wasn't clear about that before.

The other thing I'm looking for is an eCommerce provider as a frontend to
Authorize.net.  I'm hoping to find everything I need with one provider, as I
have now (minus the B.S.)

-Kevin