[nycbug-talk] used/cheap computers in nyc?

Kliment Andreev klimenta
Tue Sep 21 23:28:48 EDT 2004

N. Thomas wrote:

> I'd rather not go the Ebay route if I have other options...can anyone
> recommend a place in NYC that sells used (i.e. sub-$100) machines? Is
> Tiger Direct a good place to buy from?

If you don't mind driving around you can always find cheap PCs. Read the
newspapers. I was a long time TigerDirect customer but they are charging
too much for S&H. Once, I even opted for some fradulent long-distance
crap. Mind the checkout and always read what do you agree. You can check
www.pricewatch.com, realy cheap equipment. You'll end at some
yahoo.store, and the shippments are usually from CA, but hey, they are
el cheapo store. :)