[nycbug-talk] OT: home ISP

Charles Sprickman spork
Fri Sep 24 18:44:18 EDT 2004

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004, Brad Schonhorst wrote:

> Hey, sorry for the OT post-
>
> I'm moving and will need new internet service.  I will have digital cable
> so I thought I would try cable for my broadband solution this time around
> but I need a static IP address.  Do any cable ISP's offer static IP's?
> Do any of you have suggestions for reliable CHEAP broadband access
> w/static IP?  Bandwidth isn't that big of a deal for me at this point,
> just something faster than dialup.

If you have to go with DSL, we offer static IP w/no PPPoE.  Not sure if
we're "cheap" or not, but we do offer the full Covad portfolio:

http://www.bway.net/dsl/

Very highly rated on DSLReports, and we don't stick callers in a phone
queue when they ring us up.  We allow servers on residential lines, and
can be very flexible with any particular options you may want.  We also
offer IMAP on our mailboxes if you're so inclined, and 8GB of news from
Giganews per month.

We've been in business since 1995.

If you have any questions, call us up or shoot an email to "dsl at bway.net".

Thanks,