[nycbug-talk] BSD get together in queens

George Rosamond george
Wed Sep 29 17:28:07 EDT 2004

?

> For the past few weeks or so myself and a few friends have been getting
> together on a weekly basis, on astoria queens, discussing bsd, (freebsd)
> installing different ports, configuraton, etc.... Any and all are welcome,
> usually we meet at about 6 PM on Sunday .
> I don't know the exact address, (its one building off the corner off 29  and
> ditmars.)

That's great. . .open the doors to others in Queens. . .announce it on
the list . . . I'll even post to the announce list if you want. . post
it on the www site.

> Also I will be attending my first  official NYCBSD meeting on oct 6, and was
> wondering, do I need to rsvp.

We may not hold the meeting Oct 6. . .as we are having Kirk McKusick Oct
16th. . .

RSVP's are never necessary. . .

> Last but not least, are there any plans for an installfest of some sorts.

We've had a couple so far. . .we will probably have at least one more
before the end of the year. . .I officially designate Marco as the BSD
install fest coordinator. . .<g>