[nycbug-talk] problem booting FBSD 4.11 or 5.3

George Georgalis george
Wed Apr 6 11:36:25 EDT 2005

On Wed, Apr 06, 2005 at 10:06:54AM -0400, G Rosamond wrote:
>The 3u box I have has the following components:
>
>Adaptec SATA RAID card AAR-2810SA
>
>Intel P4 PSCH-SR Series with E7210/6300ESB Chipset
>
>The problem:
>
>4.11 Boots and the dmesg passes by, but it reboots by the end of the
>dmesg
>
>5.3 boots and borks out at the initial stages right before/during the
>Daemon menu screen.
>
>I googled a bit, but nothing useful . . . ideas?

it's a virus (just kidding), can you boot a live cd,
like dfly?  If not, keep removing components and/or
disableing them in bios till you can narrow the
problem to a specific one. ...it could be failed
hardware, maybe

// George

--
George Georgalis, systems architect, administrator Linux BSD IXOYE
http://galis.org/george/ cell:646-331-2027 mailto:george at galis.org