[nycbug-talk] BSD Binary Updates

pete wright nomadlogic
Wed Apr 6 15:13:38 EDT 2005

On Apr 6, 2005 5:54 AM, Chris Coleman <chrisc at daemonnews.org> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> We are currently beta testing a new site.  http://www.bsdupdates.com
>
> The goal of this site is to make binary updates and upgrades available,
> some free some commercial.  This is an extension off of the work done by
> Colin Percival on his FreeBSDUpdates project.
>
> Please take a look at the site and give feedback on what needs to change
> before we launched.  There is one patch available that updates the
> security flaw in fetch.  Let me know if you have any questions or
> difficulties.

Chris,
     This looks very promising.  I will have to give it a serious try
when I have a sec.  Quick question, are the binary patches pulled
directly from the projects server?  If so I assume the client does
checksuming etc.  I know I know, these are probably FAQ's that can be
addressed by me running the thing :)

-pete

--
~~o0OO0o~~