[nycbug-talk] problem booting FBSD 4.11 or 5.3

George Georgalis george
Thu Apr 7 21:04:36 EDT 2005

On Wed, Apr 06, 2005 at 05:02:11PM -0700, pete wright wrote:
>On Apr 6, 2005 1:02 PM, George Georgalis <george at galis.org> wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 06, 2005 at 10:39:48AM -0700, pete wright wrote:
>>
>> >if you don't want to use knoppix (and have to wait to kde to load of
>> >cd-rom)
>>
>> so out of touch.... don't even start X
>>
>> boot: knoppix 2
>>

>heh...after i sent the email i figured knoppix had a non-X option.
>Thanks for calling me out of touch though....

Hey man, don't take it so hard. I probably went to
graphical mode 100 times before someone told me I could
boot into text. :-0 Anyway guess I got a little excited
about knowing something useful on linux after all the
bsd glares I normaly get for that word.

<me>...recovering from a cdrom erased by writing with a
non-sharpy pen...</me>

// George

--
George Georgalis, systems architect, administrator Linux BSD IXOYE
http://galis.org/george/ cell:646-331-2027 mailto:george at galis.org