[nycbug-talk] FreeBSD Testimonials and Support

steve Rieger steve
Tue Apr 12 15:22:26 EDT 2005

the company i work for, uses fbsd for to host our web sites, for mysql
clusters, for ldap, and mail

last month we got over 2 million hits on our web server, and the damn
thing never complained. the last time we rebooted was about 2 years
ago. feel free to call me if you need more info

On Apr 12, 2005, at 3:14 PM, Gordon Smith wrote:

> As a part of a proposal, I need to recommend an operating system to be
> used to run the server software for a highly available web
> application.? I'd like propose FreeBSD; however, I need to educate
> the?management team receiving the proposal so that?they will feel more
> comfortable selecting FreeBSD.? I'd appreciate any information?you
> might provide about FreeBSD users, significant FreeBSD-based apps, and
> FreeBSD support vendors that you might recommend as experienced and
> reliable.??
> ?
> The CEO would also like to be able to address the topic of SCO's
> litigation should it arise in customer conversations - that is, why
> FreeBSD is immune to, not demonstrably related to, or indemnified from
> SCO's legal approach.? If a good case can be made here, it would be a
> "good marketing bullet" for FreeBSD.
> ?
> In the absence of such information, I'll need to propose the use of a
> prominent Linux product (such as Red Hat or SUSE) *instead* of
> FreeBSD.??
> ?
> Thanks in advance for your help!
> ?