[nycbug-talk] opinions on Tendra?

Bob Ippolito bob
Sat Apr 23 22:26:58 EDT 2005

On Apr 23, 2005, at 8:46 PM, George R. wrote:

> Anyone have opinions on this alternative to GCC C compiler?
>
> http://tendra.org/
>
> Has anyone used it?  Familiarity with the project?

The papers look OK, but I don't think anyone actually uses it (yet).

TinyCC is another interesting project, if you only care about x86, in
that it compiles software VERY fast:
http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/tcc/

The resultant code isn't as fast as GCC's, but the compile time savings
makes a big difference if you're testing something that takes a
significant amount of time to compile, and might be useful if you're
using something like pkgsrc.  Maybe fetch, compile with TinyCC for
instant gratification, and then make an optimized GCC version in the
background.

-bob