[nycbug-talk] 5.4RC2 Question

Daniel Gonzalez dgonzo
Mon Apr 25 12:48:16 EDT 2005

Hello all-

I'm using FreeBSD RC2 and just rebuilt the kernel to add support for a
CDRW. Kernel rebuild completed without issues. Modified /etc/devfs.conf
to set device access for non-root users:

perm pass0 666
perm xpt0 666

The system can't seem to find the "perm" command. I've searched the
entire directory tree and sure enough there's no "perm" command on the
system. I'm still looking through FreeBSD docs to see if the command can
be " reinstalled." I don't know if this was an issue before I rebuilt
the kernel. Can't find anything in google that would aid in me in
finding the root cause of the problem. If you have any suggestions, I
would appreciate them greatly....I apologize in advance if I've left out
another info you might need to assist.

Thanks in advance

Daniel Gonzalez
Senior Maintenance Engineer