[nycbug-talk] another. . .?

George R. george
Tue Apr 26 01:10:27 EDT 2005

http://www.pcbsd.org/

I find this all a bit confusing. . .

What makes an installer 'hard'?  It doesn't look like Windows?  It
seems *that* is the standard by which all installers are judged.

I wouldn't doubt the intentions of the creators of PC-BSD, but are we
really out to conquer the desktops of those who threw out their
typewriters last year?  With no sarcasm, I think that OS X has
reasonably done that, in that it's probably the most intuitive desktop
system around.

And if the BSDs are too difficult for certain sysadmins, they should
probably find another line of work, preferably something without any
remotely technical content.