[nycbug-talk] BSD on a desktop (revisited)

pete wright nomadlogic
Fri Aug 5 14:33:17 EDT 2005

On 8/3/05, Ray Lai <nycbug at cyth.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 03, 2005 at 08:03:23AM -0400, Isaac Levy wrote:
> > Hey All,
> >
> > What kinds of X11 desktops does everyone use, and would reccommend to
> > a possible 'reverse switcher', from a Mac desktop to a BSD machine?
> > I know this discussion has come up here before, but in different
> > contexts, (newbie users, people switching from windows, etc...)
>
> I use ratpoison for my window manager and almost never use the
> mouse. However, there's no prettiness factor to it at all, if
> that's what you're looking for.

you know i've been thinking about this thread for a couple days. i really
don't have one WM i love, or use exclusivly (KDE/Gnome/fvwm are all in my
constant rotation as is TWM). For me it's all about which terminal emulator
that you use. i mean honestly %90 of my work is done in a shell, so my
terminal emulater has to be just so. i've pretty much settled on Konsole
(kde's terminal emulator). It's quick, pretty customizable, tab's work
properlly and is just quicker and much less buggy than
multi-gnome-terminal/gnome-terminal/other-terms-i've tried (aterm, rxvt
etc.). granted i'm also a huge fan of xterm...but as far as one of the first
things i install on a new personal workstation is konsole.

just my 2 10
-pete

-Ray-

~~o0OO0o~~