[nycbug-talk] More Help w/ Mutt

hzs202 at gmail.com hzs202
Wed Aug 10 22:47:18 EDT 2005

Hi All,

Some of you know I recently setup Mutt on a dual-boot FBSD/Linux Machine
and there are some things that I still tinkering with. Like for instance
I have Procmail delivering *mail-list* mail to mailboxes setup by
.muttrc. However, all the mail delivered in these mailboxes has a (0) in
the mail size column. Why is this, do I need to setup some kind of
hook. I certainly hope not, for something so trivial. Anyway, see both
my .muttrc file and .procmailrc file below:

.muttrc

mailboxes ~/Mail/mail-lists.freebsd/
mailboxes {localhost/ssl}Mail.mail-lists.freebsd
mailboxes ~/Mail/mail-lists.perl/
mailboxes {localhost/ssl}Mail.mail-lists.perl
mailboxes ~/Mail/mail-lists.nycbug/
mailboxes {localhost/ssl}Mail.mail-lists.nycbug
mailboxes ~/Mail/mail-lists.canyu/
mailboxes {localhost/ssl}Mail.mail-lists.canyu
mailboxes ~/Mail/mail-lists.ubuntu-users/
mailboxes {localhost/ssl}Mail.mail-lists.ubuntu-users
mailboxes ~/Mail/mail-lists.ubuntu-news/
mailboxes {localhost/ssl}Mail.mail-lists.ubuntu-news
mailboxes `echo $HOME/Mail/*`

.procmailrc

MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail
# Formail Variable
FORMAIL=/usr/bin/formail
# Mail-list Variable
MAILLIST=$MAILDIR
:0:
* ^TO_*questions at freebsd.org
$MAILLIST/mail-lists.freebsd/list.freebsd
:0:
* ^TO_beginners at perl.org
$MAILLIST/mail-lists.perl/lists.perl
:0:
* ^TO_talk at lists.nycbug.org
$MAILLIST/mail-lists.nycbug/lists.nycbug

Again, the problem is that Mutt does not recognize the size of the
mail-files droped in the mail-list mailboxes. A little help would be
great guys. Thanks

Best,
--
Hakim Singhji
New York University
hzs202 at nyu.edu
Don't relax!  It's only your tension that's holding you together.