[nycbug-talk] Mailist Workaround For Gmail Users

Scott Robbins scottro11
Sat Aug 13 16:25:21 EDT 2005

On 8/13/05, Scott Robbins <scottro11 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 13, 2005 at 02:52:46PM -0400, hzs202 at gmail.com wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Earlier this week there was a thread concerning Gmail and a quirky
> > little function that support which is annoying for mailist users. The
> > function disallowed the sender to see his/her original post. Well I
> > think I found a workaround that has been working for me.
> >
> > If you create a filter for the list and dump in into a *label* (special
> > Gmail feature) you should be able to see your post both in the label and
> > when you download you email. For instance when I run:
>
> Ok, I'm testing this now. Of course, I did it backwards, but that's me.
> I created a label called nycbug, then went to filters and chose if to
> nycbug.org apply label nycbug.  So, let's see what happens.  :)

Hrrm, didn't seem to work for me.  I see it on the webpage in my
nycbug label section but I didn't get it in my gmail inbox.

Hakim, did you have better luck?  If so, would you give your exact
steps?  (I can't see the label being made before the filter making a
difference, especially since it seems as if it's doing what they say
it'll do, putting it in the label section.  Or, did you add to filter
options to put it into the inbox.  The only filter option I chose was
to apply the label.

Scott