[nycbug-talk] Bizgres, pg_autovacuum on FreeBSD

George R. george
Fri Aug 19 18:07:56 EDT 2005

Isaac Levy wrote:
> Hi Bob,
>
> On Aug 18, 2005, at 1:43 AM, Bob Ippolito wrote:
>
>> I've started to muck about with PostgreSQL/Bizgres on FreeBSD this
>> week, and I've had to do some hacking that may be useful to some of  you:
>>
>> (rc script for pg_autovacuum)
>> http://bob.pythonmac.org/archives/2005/08/17/pg_autovacuum-rc-for-
>> freebsd/
>>
>> (porting Bizgres to FreeBSD)
>> http://bob.pythonmac.org/archives/2005/08/17/bizgres-on-freebsd-and-
>> mac-os-x/
>>
>> What's it take to put together an article for the NYCBUG site?   These
>> sorts of things are probably better off living there than on  my blog
>> -- which is generally just code stuff.
>

> NYC*BUG submissions are pretty simple,
>
> http://nycbug.org/index.php?NAV=Submission
>
> The article from your blog is great stuff to put on the NYC*BUG site,
> IMHO.

Agree. . . and now that we have some good contacts at SRAA. . . this is
particularly good stuff.  I'm actually going to be grabbing those who
maintain postgres from each project, and getting them to work a bit more
with the SRAA people in the near future.

>> Oh, and I'm finally leaving Hawaii for SF on Monday.. but I'll be
>> back in NYC in for the latter half of September, and will be making
>> it to the con!  Unfortunately I have a bachelor party to attend  that
>> night, so I won't be at the after-con activities for very long  if at
>> all.  However, I'm in town for a little over two weeks so get  in
>> touch if you wanna grab drinks or something.  I should be able  to
>> make the LESMUUG meeting too.
>

> SWEET.  Looking foreword to seeing you- jealous as hell of Hawaii-
> bring some sand and sun back...

Wait, isn't nycbsdcon being held at your place in HI?

Why would anyone have it in NYC?

Uh, oh, I already booked my ticket. . .