[nycbug-talk] Petition to CodeWeavers

Scott Robbins scottro
Mon Aug 29 20:34:06 EDT 2005

I'm not sure how many people would be interested in this but, anyway, a
friend and I got interested in doing it, so...

We've posted a petition (www.bsdnexus.com/petition.asp) requesting
CodeWeavers
to release its CrossOver Office software for *BSD.  Please read the
rest of
this announcement if you might be interested in running Windows
software on
FreeBSD.

This petition calls for CodeWeavers to release their well-regarded Linux
CrossOver Office product for BSD.  CodeWeavers have stated that "[we]
DO plan
on supporting FreeBSD someday in the future," but have set no firm
dates for
their completion.  It is our intention that a public show of interest
would
demonstrate the support necessary for CodeWeavers to commit to a
profitable new
product platform.

Note that the petition requires that you provide a valid user email
address.
Your address will not be shown publicly, and will be used only for
maintaining
the integrity of the petition (so we can validate the signatures, if
necessary,
and provide you with updates about the petition progress).  It will not
be
redistributed or made available to any entity other than the poll
organizers
and CodeWeavers without your permission.  To receive email addresses
from the
petition, CodWeavers similarly must agree only to use them for the
purposes of
marketing, testing or selling CrossOver Office for BSD.

Again, the url if you are interested, is at
http://www.bsdnexus.com/petition.asp

- --

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )

Principal Snyder: There are things I will not tolerate: students
loitering on campus after school, horrible murders with hearts
being removed. And also smoking.