[nycbug-talk] openbsd in kernel pppoe stability

pete wright nomadlogic
Wed Aug 31 21:51:07 EDT 2005

hey all,
i've been running my soekris box with openbsd to connect to my dsl router
(which is in bridged mode) for my main 'net connect. i've been having
*serious* connectivity problems, so bad in fact I've got a cron running
every five min's to check my pppoe interface. if it's down it bring's it
back up (does the whole ppp authentication dance). yuck! i was assuming that
in kernel pppoe would be better than using a userland implementation. i'm
hoping that i'm still correct, my first assumption is that covad sucks and
so does my dsl router. but before i waste a night on the phone with covad,
has anyone had any stability issues with 3.7 and in kernel pppoe setups? i'm
using a real vanilia setup...pretty much strait from the man page. nothing
crazy going on in pf land either...some filtering and redirection.....

thx
-p

--
~~o0OO0o~~