[nycbug-talk] 2x 3Ware Escalade 9500S-4LP SATA

Charles Sprickman spork
Sun Dec 4 17:40:48 EST 2005

On Sun, 4 Dec 2005, Isaac Levy wrote:

> Hey All,
>
> I've got 2 brand-spankin' new RAID cards I'd like to ditch, they're not that
> smooth to use with FreeBSD (but reported rock-solid for OpenBSD use):
>
> '3Ware Escalade 9500S-4LP SATA'
> http://www.3ware.com/products/serial_ata9000.asp

Ike,

Just curious what issues you have with these.  I have a 8506-4LP in a 6.0
box I'm testing, and it's been stable.  Also have one in a production
4.11 box and have been very happy with it.  Not a speed demon though on
the 6.0 box, and it's still under "giant".

Charles