[nycbug-talk] Re: Oracle 10g on FreeBSD 6.0

pete wright nomadlogic
Mon Dec 5 16:38:52 EST 2005

On 12/5/05, Anthony Elizondo <anthony.elizondo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, you guys warned me, but I wouldn't listen. :)
>
> The installer wants to do all sorts of things like:
>
> cat /proc/cpuinfo
> cat /proc/meminfo
>
> These are easy, I just made symlinks to the Linux versions in /compat/linux.
>
> However, it wants to do stupider stuff like:
>
> cat /proc/swaps
> cat /proc/sys/kernel/shmmax
>
> And the killers:
>
> error: cannot open Packages index using db3 - No such file or directory (2)
> error: cannot open Packages database in /var/lib/rpm
> ipcs: illegal option -- l
> usage: ipcs [-abcmopqstyMQST] [-C corefile] [-N namelist] [-u user]
>
> I installed db3 port, but that didn't help. And I have no idea how to
> fix the ipcs problem. Perhaps I can somehow install the linux version
> of ipcs?

looks like you are having a problem with how rpm is being called.
have you tried installing this via chroot'd lin. environment.  you
also may want to check the RPM docs and see what envrionmental
settings you can set to help the install script find the correct
path's (i.e. the rpm db etc...).

-p

--
~~o0OO0o~~