[nycbug-talk] 2x 3Ware Escalade 9500S-4LP SATA

Chris Buechler nycbug
Fri Dec 9 13:32:43 EST 2005

Isaac Levy wrote:

> Anyone know who's 'in charge' of writing the driver for the 3Ware
> Escalade stuff?  I may have a card for them...

 From the twa man page on 6.0:

     The twa driver and manpage were written by Vinod Kashyap
     <vkashyap at FreeBSD.org>.

No idea if he still works on it, or if there is a better contact.

As Pete said, I also recall reading somewhere that 3Ware did a lot of
the work themselves.  I haven't contacted them about the problem (yet),
though they have been responsive to other support issues I've had in the
past.  Looking at their website, though, they still don't offer
downloads for anything newer than FreeBSD 4.8, which IIRC is the same as
the last time I checked many months ago.  Yet if you try to install 3DM
(their management tool) from ports on a 4.x box, you get:
===>  3dm-2.04.00.011,1 is not supported in versions earlier than
5.4-RELEASE.

The more I look at it, the more confused I am.

cheers,
-Chris