[nycbug-talk] openssh in clustered environment

Charles Sprickman spork
Mon Dec 12 16:33:57 EST 2005

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005, pete wright wrote:

> Hey All,
> any links/hacks and tricks for distributing openssh key's in a large
> desktop and cluster unix environment.  ideally i'd like to have key's
> distributed to servers at buildtime.  catch is that most builds are
> automated so being prompted for passwords during the initial setup can
> not happen.

This might be too simple, but if you're only needing one initial user to
get going, you could include a .ssh directory and the authorized_keys file
in the dot.skel directory...

Then for the initial connect you could loop on the list of new hosts and
use expect to reply "yes" to the key prompt.

Charles