[nycbug-talk] Re: Talking to Americans

Mikel King mikel.king
Fri Dec 16 12:13:59 EST 2005

On Dec 16, 2005, at 11:57 AM, Dan Langille wrote:
{SNIP}

>> Dan,
>>
>> 	Maybe it's cause you're speaking Canadian, and they can't understand
>> you?
>>
>> 	Sorry bud I couldn't resist.
>
> I try really hard to lower the comprehension level required when
> speaking to Americans, but it's just so time consuming.  ;)
>
> You should listen to Rick Mercer, Talking To Americans:
> http://home.comcast.net/~wwwstephen/americans/

What's really funny about all this is technically Canadians are
Americans too (but then so are Brazilians). So in a way they are just
slagging off on themselves as well. It's just that some of our more
stupid politicians here in the US have latched on to a term that
unfairly does not belong to us. This term supposedly first coined by
Ben Franklin, the man who wanted the turkey to be the national bird,
also the innovator of daylight savings.

Anyway that's probably enough said about this silliness.