[nycbug-talk] Verizon Woes got you down?

Isaac Levy ike
Tue Dec 20 10:57:58 EST 2005

Hey All,

On Dec 19, 2005, at 6:11 PM, csnyder wrote:

> Oooh boy, I have a big fat sob story pegged to TowerStream. The
> service was great when it worked... and then there were the other
> days.

Good to know...

> In theory it's a great replacement for the landline, and could give
> you the geographically diverse, redundant connection you've been
> dreaming of. But based on nine months of experience with them (over
> two different midtown transmitters and a series of receivers), I have
> to caution against using them for anything other than a backup, unless
> you can afford to be off the air (or flapping) for a few hours now and
> then.

Sounds OK for my current application, a hard-use office LAN, (and
Verizon was popping out for 12-48 hrs at a time), so we figured it
can't be any worse than that :)

> They were really nice about cancelling our contract, though. Nicer
> than Verizon would be, that's for sure.

<snirk> I'd bet- they've been very cool to work with so far.

Rocket-
.ike