[nycbug-talk] Verizon Woes got you down?

Charles Sprickman spork
Tue Dec 20 11:49:17 EST 2005

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005, Isaac Levy wrote:

> Josh: are there any tests you'd like me to run for you to show this?  So far,
> the overall speed is definitely much faster than the T1 this is replacing.

What's the round trip time to the far end router?

> For anyone:  I'll totally run any network tests people can email me with,
> just email me with instructions in this thread- (I'm hoping to learn some new
> tools for network performance monitoring while I'm at this? :)

This tool is good to look at latency, loss and jitter all at once.

Wireless usually looks all over the map with it:

http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/smokeping/

It's very nice for helping decide whether you want to run VoIP or any
other jitter/loss sensitive service.