[nycbug-talk] Verizon Woes got you down?

Jonathan Vanasco nycbug-list
Tue Dec 20 12:28:10 EST 2005

On Dec 20, 2005, at 10:57 AM, Isaac Levy wrote:

> Sounds OK for my current application, a hard-use office LAN, (and
> Verizon was popping out for 12-48 hrs at a time), so we figured it
> can't be any worse than that :)

Am I correct in guessing that this Is this the T1 nightmare you
inherited from me?

Cos yeah, that Verizon trunk was a (*#&$(*&% nightmare, and only
reliable in the sense that you could count on it it constantly going
down.  I remember even switching between 3 different providers that
assured me that they would somehow route it through a different
service - and then find out it was still the same verizon line.  The
only difference in service I ever got were providers being more 'on
the ball' about telling me that the verizon part of the line was
having issues.

needless to say, it was definately worth paying the extra $100 a
month from one provider to have them call me and say "we're sorry,
but there's an issue on the verizon trunk" before I had to call them
and say "look into this please"