[nycbug-talk] Roland Dowdeswell interview on CGD

George R. george
Fri Dec 23 11:33:15 EST 2005

Ray Lai wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 23, 2005 at 09:05:54AM -0500, michael wrote:
>
>>If you haven't seen it:
>>http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2005/12/21/netbsd_cgd.html
>>
>>He has been a repeat speaker at NYCBUG meetings.
>

> I've always wondered how gracefully encrypted disks handled crashes.
> Does anyone have any experience?  I've used the encrypted disk image
> for qemu before, but a crash ren

Excellent point Ray. . .  encryption, particularly disk level (which CGD
is not), may raise some issues of data integrity in the event of crashes.

Roland, why don't you speak to this, even though CGD is file-based, right?