[nycbug-talk] 2x 3Ware Escalade 9500S-4LP SATA

Isaac Levy ike
Sat Dec 31 12:46:26 EST 2005

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the offer and shout out, but it may not be relevant,

On Dec 31, 2005, at 12:36 PM, Dan Langille wrote:

>> Right- but has anyone simply tried to *install* straight FreeBSD 6
>> using the card?  *Not fun*, so far.  The TWE driver is not loading
>> properly after installing, so it boots ok from the bootonly ISO, but
>> after a fairly 'stock' install, (no wacky options), rebooting (for
>> the first machine boot) just sits tossing errors over and over...
>
> I think I have succeeded with the 3Ware 7006-2 card.  I saw that only
> because the twe0 looks familiar.  I'll be trying it again in the next
> few days, so I'll confirm later.
>
> FYI: http://www.freebsddiary.org/freebsd-6.0-disk-timings.php

The cards I'm speaking about again are:

'3Ware Escalade 9500S-4LP SATA'
http://www.3ware.com/products/serial_ata9000.asp

4 port SATA low-profile, raid 0,1,5,10,JOBD

--
It is indeed the twe driver,
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=twe&sektion=4&manpath=FreeBSD

But it's the SATA part that seems to be puking terribly...

Rocket-
.ike