[nycbug-talk] .WorkGroup, Apache and FreeBSD Hostname

Matthew Terenzio matt
Fri Feb 4 19:15:11 EST 2005

On Feb 3, 2005, at 10:55 PM, Matthew Terenzio wrote:

> On Feb 3, 2005, at 10:32 PM, Pete Wright wrote:
>
>> sounds like you should probably set your hostname
>
> Wow, that was tough.
> I  can't believe I couldn't find it on Google.
> Good Night.
>
> \
For future readers of this thread:

[alert] mod_unique_id: unable to gethostbyname("hostname")

was the error in /var/log/httpd-error.log

Turns out I not only needed to set my hostname, but add it to /etc/hosts
as chronicled in this thread as well

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2003-June/
009996.html

Apache is running, next I move to Postgresql and PHP.