[nycbug-talk] Mail stress test

Isaac Levy ike
Fri Feb 25 12:45:58 EST 2005

Wordup Steve,

On Feb 25, 2005, at 12:36 PM, Steve Rieger wrote:

> Does anybody on the list know of a decent script I can run to stress
> test my
> smtp, pp, and imap servers,

I don't know of any scripts offhand, but I'm curious as to what kind of
testing you want to do?  i.e. there's loads of testing fun that can be
done, especially if you have access to servers in different places,
geographically...  I'd love to start a thread here about tactics based
on what your doing-

I've found I never really get a true grasp of load until a given server
is online and has connections coming to it from all over the net,
different routes, disperate latency, etc... entropy impossible to truly
reproduce in any lab...

What kinds of stress are you trying to put the boxes through?

Rocket-
.ike