[nycbug-talk] help with freeBSD

marco at metm.org marco
Fri Feb 25 15:54:00 EST 2005

On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 02:47:59PM -0500, Ryan Seu wrote:
>Hi everyone. I'm a noob to freeBSD but I'm definitely trying to
>working on it and get the kinks out. I have a basic tech question that
>might belong more on the X.org list but I thought I'd throw it out
>here first

here is a thread with someone who seems to have a very similar problem
to you (same chipset, freebsd):

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2004-November/066044.html

there seems to be a video ram setting in the bios which cannot be
overwritten.  you have to go into the bios and change it from 1M to 128M
or whatever you have.

HTH,

--
Marco