[nycbug-talk] dealing with drift

Isaac Levy ike
Mon Feb 28 13:25:16 EST 2005

Thanks Dan,

On Feb 28, 2005, at 1:16 PM, Dan Langille wrote:

> If your ntp service can't sync with an outside server for a  day or
> so, you shouldn't get much drift.  Your cluster will all be at the
> same time, because the server is still up.

In all practicality, very true.
The situation where I'm trying to implement this is a bit strange
though; where boxes that go down could be physically taken offline for
perhaps weeks at a time- or never return to the cluster, so I'd like to
try to make it as brainless as possible- (but in the end, brainless
moves can require extreme brainwork/time when they fail :) - /me
teetering on the fence all over...

Rocket-
.ike