[nycbug-talk] vmware3 and FreeBSD

Marc Spitzer mspitzer
Wed Feb 9 21:08:42 EST 2005

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 20:46:59 -0500, swygue <swygue at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Has anyone installed and run Vmware succesfully, there seems to be a
> > > problem with 001.vmware.sh. Here is the output:
> > >
> > > $ ./001.vmware.sh start
> > > [: -eq: unexpected operator
> > >

> > looks like a bug in the shell script 001.vmware.sh...i would read through
> > that code and look for where the -eq operator is being misused.  maybe if
> > the script is not too long i would post the script here...or email a link
> > to where we can take a look at it.
>
> You can see it here:
> http://www.beldance.com/kenny/

I looked at it and there is definatly a bug in the script, now my
question to you is why/what is the bug and how could you fix it.  It
would be a good idea to write a short 5-10 line script that has the
same behavior.  Then post it on to the list and then we can point out
how you did it wrong until you do it correctly.  Then you will have
learned something instead of punting.  get your fishing pole and go to
work.

marc