[nycbug-talk] Laptop purchase possibility. . .

Dan Langille dan
Wed Feb 16 06:57:57 EST 2005

On 15 Feb 2005 at 23:09, G. Rosamond wrote:

> I was dead set on a ThinkPad, but after playing with a client's Sharp
> MM10, I may change that.

I'd say, still go for the ThinkPad.  Will Andrews just bought a T41P
(? I think that's the one) and he pleased with it.

> For those who don't know them, check out www.sharpusa.com, but make
> sure your browser identifies as IE.
>
> They are two pounds, have 10.4" displays, and are sweet. . . with the
> extra battery, they get 9 hours of uptime. . .
>
> Googling shows some references to people running a BSD on them, but
> does anyone on Talk have any experience, things I should know, etc. . .

When you go to test drive the laptop, take a FreeSBIE CD with you.
Boot off it.  Look around.  Things look OK?  If so, you're ahead of
the game.  If it does not boot, proceed with caution.

--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/
BSDCan - The Technical BSD Conference - http://www.bsdcan.org/