[nycbug-talk] Laptop purchase possibility. . .

jh jhlists
Fri Feb 18 09:45:06 EST 2005

Kevin Reiter wrote:

>  I would guess (notice I didn't say "assume"? :) that
> if they can't be bothered to make their website W3C compliant, they
> didn't spend any development dollars in making sure they have hardware
> that plays nice with anything other than M$...
>
> ..just me .02 .

Since it is typically two different groups inside of a huge company
responsible for marketing the computer and designing the computer, I'd
say that this is generally a poor conclusion.

That being said, as a former Sharp notebook owner: beware. I found their
support to be miserable even for Windows - they didn't bother to post
new drivers from the Japan site on the USA site. I think that the USA
sub of the company is really geared to marketing and selling black box
items; I found Sony to be much the same way (just not as bad).

My $.02

jh