[nycbug-talk] editting pdf's... (dot dot dot)

Okan Demirmen okan
Tue Feb 22 23:26:13 EST 2005

On Tue 2005.02.22 at 23:15 -0500, Freeman, Joshua wrote:
> One possibility is to use some kind of OCR app. to convert the PDF to an editable file... unfortunately though, I don't think you can go from 'pdf' to OCR... I think the OCR apps. want you to actually have a paper version that you scan first, thus converting the paper document to an image, either a .tif or .pdf or .jpg....

that's interesting....wondering one can fool some OCR out there to take
a file as input rather than an image from a scanner...

> You've asked an interesting and challenging question!

we'll see how this all plays out... ;)

thanks

> j.
>
> Joshua S. Freeman
> Director, Information Technology, NYBG
> v: 718 817 8937 m: 347 392 2560
> jfreeman at nybg dot org

Okan Demirmen <okan at demirmen.com>
PGP-Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xB3670934
PGP-Fingerprint: 226D B4AE 78A9 7F4E CD2B 1B44 C281 AF18 B367 0934