[nycbug-talk] editting pdf's... (dot dot dot)

Pete Wright pete
Wed Feb 23 00:06:07 EST 2005

On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 11:01:20PM -0500, Okan Demirmen wrote:
> so in my quest to have a paperless office, i'm struggling with one
> big thing: faxing/emailing back forms sent or downloaded in pdf
> form.
>
> thought i'd hit up this knowledgable list to see if anyone has any
> bright ideas ;)
>
> obivously the faxing thing is not an issue (faxmodem+hylafax), nor
> the emailing part;) the part about filling out forms that come
> across the wire as pdf. i'm aware that adobe can edit certain
> "fillable" pdf forms, but the majority of stuff out there is not
> of that type - besides, i'm not going to bye adobe to fill this gap ;)
>
> are there any ideas out there? is coverting the pdf to an image,
> then editing that image a valid, and sane, idea? ideas? or maybe a
> hit on the head with a good cluestick that has the magic google
> search keywords ;)
>
> thanks.

my connection is a bit spotty right now, so this'll be quick.  it may
be worth checking out converting the pdf to .ps then using gs to convert
that to ascii.  i have some scripts that'll do this, altho i'm sure you
can figure something out.  if you want more info lemme know and i'll
email again from a better connection at home.

HTH

-pete

--
~~oO00Oo~~