[nycbug-talk] First Look At Solaris 10

steverieger steve
Fri Feb 25 12:35:51 EST 2005

I did speak to the gentleman that posted this, and he said that it was meant
for a different list.

A few points I would like to make, (as a solaris admin)

Solaris does not require more than one disk, yes it does require a reboot
upon install, as does fbsd. Zfs is a totally separate os, meaning I can
compile things in zone1 (say apache) and serve pages from there, and I can
compile mysql in zone2, and these two will never know of each other, they
think that they are separate servers.

If anybody has questions regarding solaris feel free to contact me off list.

Thanx