[nycbug-talk] Mail stress test

csnyder chsnyder
Fri Feb 25 16:18:51 EST 2005

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 13:51:11 -0500, Steve Rieger
<steve.rieger at tbwachiat.com> wrote:
> Ok so nobody knows, and it might not even be possible to max out the
> concurrent connections for those protocols.
>
> So I will take a step back and ask do you know of a way I can create 100
> concurrent connections for each of those protocols, on these servers.
>
> Thanx

Use your favorite web scripting language (PHP, Perl)  to make the
connection and perform some pseudo-realistic task. Then you can use
Apache's ab tool to generate many concurrent and repeating executions
of the script over some length of time.

Spread the love out to a few cheap shared hosting sites around the net
and watch your server deal with the load.

Of course there must be a more elegant way to do it, the above merely
reflects the web applications sandbox I like to play in.

--
Chris Snyder
http://chxo.com/