[nycbug-talk] 1U Server Recommendations

Paul Dlug paul
Tue Jan 11 20:14:09 EST 2005

On Jan 11, 2005, at 7:45 PM, Charles Sprickman wrote:

> Supermicro doesn't offer any AMD stuff, so I'm looking for some
> general recommendations.  We don't want any homemade beige-box stuff
> nor do we want to pay a premium for someone else to put together some
> "it may work with FreeBSD" beige-box stuff. :)

While I haven't ordered AMD equipment from them we've had alot of
success with Iron Systems, http://www.ironsystems.com They have
reasonable prices, big selection and best of all the fully support
FreeBSD (in fact we were one of the first to run FreeBSD on an Intel
blade server thanks to their help). They carry AMD/Intel 1U servers. If
you want a sales contact let me know.

--Paul